A History of Excellence

Since 1947, Neokraft has established a reputation as a leading custom sign fabricator in the State of Maine and throughout New England.

  • 1947

    1947

    The ‘Neo-Kraft Company’ is founded by Alexander Lobozzo, after leaving the US Army.

    Alex Lobozzo initially operated out of his in-law’s garage, then to sign painter friend Bert Marquis’ basement on Nichols Street, in Lewiston, before moving to better facilities located on Washington Street in Auburn.

  • 1950

    1950

    Neo-Kraft begins operations at 100 High Street, Lewiston, specializing in neon lighting and plastics.

  • 1960

    1960

    Dutchy’s Drive in, on the Lewiston/Lisbon line.

  • 1965

    1965

    Reliable Oil, in Lewiston, Maine, became a landmark with its oil tower sign, incorporating thousands of sequenced bulbs, exposed neon, and unforgettable proportions!

  • 1970

    1970

  • 1975

    1975

  • 1980

    1980

    Beautiful neon signs were a specialty of Neokraft, and Goodwin’s Restaurants, located in Auburn, Farmington and South Paris, were shining examples of Neokraft quality!

    Alex transfers ownership to his son and daughter-in-law, Vincent and Patricia Lobozzo.

  • 1985

    1985

    NeoKraft relocates to its present location at 686 Main Street, in Lewiston.

  • 1990

    1990

    “Signs that work.” An update to the NeoKraft logo adds a tagline and a graphic element.

  • 1995

    1995

    Neokraft engineers and executes an upgrade to the landmark Time & Temperature sign in Portland, improving efficiency and serviceability, while preserving its familiar appearance.

  • 2000

    Peter Murphy, Paul Lessard and Phil Bolduc purchase Neokraft Signs, Inc. from the Lobozzo family.

  • 2005

    2005

  • 2010

    2010

  • today

    Today

    Neokraft Classic Signs Restoration division is created Phil Bolduc becomes sole owner and the Neokraft logo gets a new look.

    Neokraft wins United States Sign Council national design competition for the Oxford Casino pylon.